Ravenhurst: The Credence Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ravenhurst: The Credence Chronicle

A Second Life RP Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Skip's Inbox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Chase Calhern Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:49 pm

» Ottavio Santino Salvatore Most just call me Oz.
Skip's Inbox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby ozwizardof Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:50 pm

» Taking Care of some Stinky business
Skip's Inbox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lexie Ellwyn Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:01 pm

» Friday November 13, 2015 Haunted House
Skip's Inbox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lexie Ellwyn Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:35 pm

» UPDATE RULES and CHANGES ( UPDATE AUGUST 2015)
Skip's Inbox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lexie Ellwyn Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:23 pm

» Peaceful home
Skip's Inbox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Saphy Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:59 pm

» Back for unannounced leave of absence.
Skip's Inbox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Claire Dominic Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:11 am

» Claire Dominic
Skip's Inbox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Claire Dominic Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:08 am

» Kurt Reinhart - Private Blog / Fiction
Skip's Inbox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SilverBones Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:55 pm

Skip's Inbox

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Scipio Zelin

Scipio Zelin

Skip's Inbox - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip's Inbox   Skip's Inbox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 9:56 pm

Subject: Re: Package
To: Xomar Mycron

I don't really want to know how you talked the Snohomish County Sheriff department into shipping me a firearm, do I? I'm quite sure it won't be needed, by I appreciate your concern all the same. I just worry as to why you seem to think every problem can be solved with violence. This isn't exactly the wild west or anything.

I looked up this Bieber fellow you mention. Do you think my hair style might be coming back into fashion? They say everything comes back in style, given enough time.

Sincerely,

Skip

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Re: Re: Package
To: Scipio Zelin

oh you know-there's a guy who knows a guy that coaches this other guy's kid in little league. don't worry about it. at least i know you have it and should be able to protect yourself from suicidal nutcases wandering into your boarding house in the dead of night. just don't go dick cheney on your neighbors and accidentally shoot someone in the head. i know how bad your eyesight is without your glasses. as far as your bleeding heart sentiment, i'll just direct you to ask the city fathers of carthage how effective violence can be.

i sure as hell hope your hairstyle isn't coming back. judging by those old pictures of you, that would mean the wide tie and the polyester suit will be going mainstream again.

X

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Re: Re: Storm

Dr. Zelin,

It was a pleasure to speak with you again. I'm quite relieved that you're still in one piece. That supernatural event sounds as though it was quite a horrid experience. I've been trying to find some information regarding this chaotic fog that seems to descend on Ravenhurst every several generations or so, but most often you get stories of vengeful ghosts. I don't believe this is what is happening in your particular case. Doing more research on supernatural events within the Americas did remind me of the Aztec festival of Toxcatl and it's ultimate purpose. If you're not familiar, the Aztecs had a very colorful collection of gods in their religious mythology. Within their creation myth, Quetzalcoatl is said to have retrieved the bones of previous races from their underworld, Mictlan, to fashion modern day mankind, infusing the bones with blood from his penis. He's also attributed with the creation myth of the earth, where he and another rival god known as Tezcatlipoca capture a giant crocodile known as Cipactli (Giant lizards/serpents even appear in creation myths within the Americas) and stretch her body into terra firma. This beast, always hungry, must be satiated for her sacrifice with the blood of sacrifice. This leads us to the festival.

Toxcatl was a bloody affair that set Cortes and his men off against the Aztecs back in the 1700's. The main sacrifice was usually a captive that was forced to dress up as the go Tezcatlipoca, who was supposed to represent darkness, chaos, and conflict; a mirror image and rival of Quetzalcoatl. In fact, his name translates to 'smoking mirror' in some languages. This captive would be treated like a king for a year, married to four brides, and generally paraded about the city until the festival, in which he would be sacrificed on the altar, cut apart, and devoured by the noble families. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this. The Aztecs believed that these blood sacrifices were necessary to keep the sun rising and the world existing. They symbolically sacrificed a representative of chaos to keep the darkness at bay. While their complex and bloody ceremonies might have been over the top, I think this fog may descend on Ravenhurst for a similar reason; to feed the beast, so to speak. I imagine your ceremony of sorts will keep it at bay for some time, but like Cipactli, I suspect the fog an eternal voracious appetite for light.

I've rambled on enough with conjecture. I look forward to your further translations. It has been a very interesting read so far.

Respectfully,

DHB
Back to top Go down
Scipio Zelin

Scipio Zelin

PostSubject: Re: Skip's Inbox   Skip's Inbox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 9:57 pm

Subject: Thank You

Skippy dear,

It was wonderful to finally see you again. It feels as though it's been ages! You really didn't have to take us out to dinner, although i must admit, it's quite hard to turn down a meal at Le Bec-Fin. The sea bass was amazing. I do hope you reconsider your decision to remain out there in the middle of nowhere for the rest of the school year. I understand the desire to be near the investigation, but there isn't much you can do at this point. I'm quite sure the dean would welcome you back; that terrible incident has already long been forgotten in the headlines. It's just not the same here without you.

Thank you,

Marta Gutmann
Professor
116 College Hall
University of Pennsylvania

Subject: Re: Thank You
To: Marta Gutmann

Marti,

It was great seeing you and Karl this past weekend; it has almost felt like a lifetime. Do not worry about dinner; if you truly feel as though you need to make it up, I'll let you both take me out next time. I'm generous like that. I'm afraid I'm committed to seeing this through to the end. I want to be here when they complete the investigation. I have to know. I appreciate the sentiments; let everyone out there know I'm doing fine and in good spirits considering. Their wishes and prayers have helped me get through so far. I promise to not be a stranger; I plan on making more trips back home in the coming months. It does feel good to be in my own bed for once.

Sincerely,

Skip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Stinkin' Yankees

hey old man-you should stay out there more often. it seems like the yankees always win when you're at the game with us. at least they beat the rangers. it's a damn shame they couldn't both lose.

it was good seeing you in the flesh, wrinkled and old as it may be. has that therapy on your knee finally started to kick in? you seemed to be moving a hell of a lot more spy than i remember. i think i'll take you up on the invitation to visit you out there. i can take a look at the methods of those keystone cop chuckleheads that seem to be making a career out of finding a couple of lost college kids. i'll let you know when everything is wrapped up out here.

as far as the other investigation-it's taken yet another interesting turn. we'll talk about it later.

X

Subject: Re: Stinkin' Yankees

Have no fear about the Yankees; they will continue to do just fine. I know it must be frustrating to see a storied franchise like mine with 27 championships to your...how many titles does your Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim have(Has there ever been a more ridiculous name in sports, other than the Mighty Ducks? What IS in the water in Anaheim, anyways?)? Oh, that's right, one. They should catch up with the Yankees sometime within the next two hundred years or so.

My knee has been feeling pretty solid as of late; it must be the fresh air and spartan living out here on the West Coast. I'd rather you not make a nuisance of yourself in the investigation, but it would be great if you could pay an old man a visit out here. I've been meaning to visit Vancouver all these years. As far as your other investigation; you know my opinion on the matter. Not that you'll listen to me, but I do wish you would just let it go.

Speaking of letting go, I saw Emmy when I met with Vic and the lawyers on Monday. She seemed pretty broken up about everything; it doesn't justify what she did, but I just wanted you to know that she hasn't moved on as though nothing happened. And with that I'll cease my meddling. Good luck in sorting things out.

Sincerely,

Skip

Subject: Company Shares

I appreciate what you did regarding the voting shares this past Monday. I never asked to be your proxy and I am glad that you trust me to manage this properly. Emma asked me to thank you for the kind words as well. It's been a tough couple months for all of us, although nothing as terrible as what you are obviously going through. Has there still been no word regarding a proper search of that island? From what I gathered on the news, there was a major disaster in that area. You would think bad press like that would motivate the authorities into action. Let us know how the investigation fares, and be sure to ask for any assistance you might need. We are still blood, Skip. We don't have to be enemies anymore.

Vic
Back to top Go down
Scipio Zelin

Scipio Zelin

PostSubject: Re: Skip's Inbox   Skip's Inbox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 9:57 pm

Subject: Re: Company Shares
To: Victor Zelin

As I told you last weekend; we may not get along, but blood is thicker than water. The search is scheduled to go on tomorrow, barring some other disaster or excuse from the sheriff's department. I'll be sure to let you all know immediately the results as soon as I am able. There is one thing you can help me with; what can you tell me about our grandparents? I don't remember anything about them. I figured you might have some recollection being you're the oldest.

Sincerely,

Skip

Subject: Re: Re: Company Shares

That's an odd question to ask. Are you thinking of doing some sort of genealogical research? I can't say much about grandfather as he died when i was still an infant, but I most certainly remember babushka. I'm surprised you don't remember since you were attached to her hip for the first 6 or 7 years growing up. What did you want to know?

Vic
Back to top Go down
Scipio Zelin

Scipio Zelin

Subject: Re:

That's very strange; I can't seem to remember anything about her at all. I was curious about our family seeing as I know so little about it. I had never really crossed my mind before. I was hoping it might shed some light on certain things that have happened. I'm sure that sounds strange to you, but there it is.

Do you know where our grandparents immigrated from? I know Russia is always bandied about and comments about the Russian Revolution, but has anybody in our family actually looked into these things? I'm also curious of any memories about her since my recollection seems to have faded.

Sincerely,

Skip

I'd say it's all the alcohol that addled your brain, but there may be a reason you don't remember her very well. You almost died with her in the east wing fire back in '67. You know that whole wing was rebuilt, right? You used to stay in her section of the house after pops exiled her due to the smell. She was always working on homemade salves and medicines that she gave out to the bored, privledged housewives in the surrounding neighborhoods. She claimed she had learned to be a healer in a village outside of where she grew up, but then, she also claimed she was married to Russian nobility and had attended all these ballroom dances. She was either full of contradictions or full of shit. She said she had grown up outside of Tobolsk, the old capital of Siberia. Frankly, she was always telling stories and strange tales that seemed to shift depending on her mood or audience. I learned to just ignore them, especially when she moved to the other end of the estate. I was far more interested in cars and girls at that point.

According to the fire department back in '67, she had fallen asleep and left one of the gas stoves burning. Pops found you in the hallway, unconscious and suffering from smoke inhalation. That was a bad night. When you had recovered, you had trouble talking or remembering who we were. The doctors had thought you might have suffered from brain damage, but you seemed back to normal in a couple of months. I had always thought you were brain damaged, so I suppose it's just as well. Seriously, though, we were worried for a while you wouldn't ever recover properly. I guess mom and pop never went over the experience with you again. I'm not surprised.

Let me know how that search turns out.

Vic
Back to top Go down
Scipio Zelin

Scipio Zelin

I do vaguely recall work being done years ago, but I can't for the life of me remember any of that. I suppose it's possible that it did scramble my brain somewhat as an impressionable child. Thank you for the information; it's more helpful than you could possibly know.

The search was conducted on schedule for once and, I'm sure you've seen some of the sound bytes regarding it, they did actually find something. Impossibly, miraculously even, Susan's two friends were found alive. They weren't talking when they were brought out and from what I've heard, have been in some state of shock. Honestly, this is extremely depressing. I expected some answers; now I'm not even sure if Susan is still even here anymore. I'd like to be hopeful that we'll learn something more, but I can't say that I feel any of that hope at the moment. At least there is some good news for the other families to come of the search. I'll let you know more when I find out.

Sincerely,

Skip

Subject: Re: Susan
To: Marta Gutmann

Marti,

I'm sorry I haven't returned your calls. I'm just not in the mood to speak to anyone at the moment. I'm sure you also caught some of the news. While Susan's friends were found, alive and at least physically healthy, thankfully, Susan is still missing. They found no trace of her and the two girls haven't started speaking yet. I'm still waiting for more information; I'll be in touch once we find out something.

Sincerely,

Skip

Subject: Update

I'm not avoiding you, my boy, I just need some time to myself right now. This search, while wonderful for the families of the other two girls, has done nothing to allay my fears about Susan. As of this email, they hadn't given up any pertinent information about anything that happened to them. I haven't spoken to the sheriff's department for several days, but I'm sure they'll contact me when they have something.

I know I've taken advantage of your searching abilities far too much at this point, but I was hoping you could help me answer a few questions about my family's origins. My brother tells me my grandmother stated that she immigrated from around Tobolsk. According to ancestry.com, there was a Lucya Zelin that came through on May 27th, 1917. I can't find my grandfather in this at all; I had always thought they came through together. That may not be true. Is there any way you could get further information on her? This shouldn't nearly as bizarre or dangerous as that unlucky book I was looking into. I just need something else to throw my attention into for the next couple of days.

Sincerely,

Skip

Subject: Update

i really don't know what to say regarding that search. its crazy that anyone was found alive. i'm sure they'll get some info from those girls. i'm really sorry-you are one step closer to finding out what happened. don't discard that.

as far as searching, that shouldn't be much of a problem. i'm not exactly a genealogist but i should be able to piece together a few things. at least i have somewhere to start. it's not like the internet ever lies about anything, right? stay safe old man and let me know if you need any more help.

X
Back to top Go down
Scipio Zelin

Scipio Zelin

PostSubject: Re: Skip's Inbox   Skip's Inbox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Subject: Progress?

Dr. Zelin,

I hope all is well on your end. It's been a while since I received any correspondence from you and I was beginning to get a little worried. I know there are many things on your plate, but as you're in the town you're in, it makes me a little nervous when I do not hear from you. I understand the most recent search did not uncover the location of your daughter. My heart grieves at the unfairness of the universe. Is there anything I can do to help with your current problems so that we may get back on schedule? Please let me know that you are still safe.

Respectfully,

DHB

Subject: Re: Progress?
To: Dewitt H. Beckford

Mr. Beckford,

I apologize about the lack of updates and the delay on my work. As you've ascertained, there have been issues to deal with in town aside from our little project. I'd rather not go into detail at the moment, but suffice it to say that certain places and people I used to feel secure around have drastically changed for the worse. I'm contemplating moving my place of study as I'm not sure I can keep your volumes from danger at the moment. I've already moved the bulk of them to my safe deposit box until I can be sure of their security. I've attached the few pages I've managed to finish this past week; it's become slow going as the text becomes a little more complex.

I thank you for your concern about Susan, but I'm starting to get used to not finding any answers. It's been that way the entire time I've been in Ravenhurst. Each answer opens up a new set of questions. I'm not sure I'll be able to extricate myself from this rabbit hole any time in the near future. I will try and keep you up to date with more regularity in the future.

Sincerely,

Skip
Back to top Go down
Scipio Zelin

Scipio Zelin

PostSubject: Re: Skip's Inbox   Skip's Inbox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Subject: New Email Address

I'm sure you would probably have figured this out already using whatever it is you do, but I've had to close my old email account due to all the hacking. I had thought that my old hotmail account would work fine after I had my work address closed down, but apparently Microsoft owned email works about as well as Microsoft owned operating systems. I must admit; this email issue has helped in avoiding certain people. Almost like a vacation of sorts.

Pity about your Angels; four games out of first and well behind my Yanks for the wild card spot. Who would have thought a team with no offense and a terrible 4-5 rotation would be struggling to make the playoffs? Oh, that's right. Anyone who's ever watched a baseball game. How's your vacation going? Last you told me, you were trolling around Europe. Being that you're officially single once again, I hope you're being careful. A foot loose and fancy free young man with way too much disposable income will no doubt be in high demand.

Sincerely,

Skip

Subject: Re: New Email Address

hey old man,

yeah-still in europe. technically, moved to asia. been taking an interesting road trip through russia. the women here aren't nearly as bad as i had imagined. hooray for capitalism, right? i know you told me to leave well enough alone, but i have some info on your grandmother's home town that i'm pretty sure you'll find interesting. i also found out a little more about your 'way to young and beautiful to be giving you the time of day' squeeze there in ravenhurst. that research of yours must be paying off because the only way she could possibly see anything in an old fart like yourself is if you sold your soul to the devil or you've been flashing your net worth around. give me a call-phone works overseas.

p.s. fuck the yankees.

x

Subject: Re: Re: New Email Address

My dear boy,

While it's true that she is physically younger than I, she has an old soul. A very, very old soul. I'd try to explain it, but I really don't need to give you any further ammunition for ridicule. Suffice it to say, we're getting along just fine and I really don't need to know about any skeletons in her closet. While I did tell you to forget about my grandmother's hometown, I must admit I am curious. I'll give you a call tomorrow. I'm a bit tired after helping out the Ellwyns with a minor problem down at the shop. For a small, quiet, fishing town, Ravenhurst has it's fair share of hoodlums.

Sincerely,

Skip
Back to top Go down
Scipio Zelin

Scipio Zelin

Subject: Re: Re: Re: New Email Address

Well, that's quite the fantastic story you discovered there. The mad monk Grigori Rasputin is my great uncle? I think I might have preferred if this story resulted in being related to Anastasia, but I'll take what I can get. What kind of evidence did you dig up about my grandmother being Countess Khilkov? I know she used to tell stories of hobnobbing with Russian royalty, but this all still seems rather far fetched. I mean, it really doesn't fit. She was this simple peasant girl who assumed a new identity and seduced a count? That sounds like a Disney movie plot, minus the seemingly tragic ending. I understand why she would change her identity to the wife of a palace guard to avoid the Bolsheviks, but why would she maintain that identity all the way to the states? Who could she possibly be hiding from? The Khilkovs still have a huge presence in parts of Europe; she didn't need to start over, especially considering the effort it must have taken to assume her role as countess. I'm going to have to learn to stop asking questions; every time I do, I'm rewarded with a mountain of questions in return.

I appreciate you looking into that, even though I repeatedly asked you not to. You can get back to carousing and womanizing or whatever it is a newly divorced young man with a fortune of my family's money burning a hole in his pocket does.

Sincerely,

Skip

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Email Address

everything is available in russia for a price. it doesn't even have to be that high. i'm just telling you what i've discovered. trust me, it wasn't that easy digging up hundred year old information in the middle of siberia. as for how your granny pulled off this frank abagnale stunt, your guess is as good as mine. i'd guess she was a tiger in bed and sucked like a hoover. she was young and presumably hot at one time. your whole family is really attractive-except for you, you old fart. either it skipped a generation or you're adopted. whoops-considering you're related to rasputin, i should hold back on the jokes. i don't want you turning me into a newt or something. on a serious note, she may have been hiding from the bolsheviks even all the way out to the states. they did track down trotsky in mexico-its possible she may have done something that she felt could come back to haunt her. considering your whole family is obscenely wealthy, i don't think starting over was such a terrible choice, was it? it all evens out in the end.

look whos talking about carousing-at least i'm not dating women half my age. i'm in a very fragile state after my divorce dammit. the drinking and partying is all part of the healing process. i should be back in the states in september. lets go watch my angels play spoiler on the yanks for the division when i get back.

X

Subject: Thank you

Mr. Beckford,

It was a pleasure meeting you face to face earlier this month; I must admit to being impressed by your expertise in the sensitive subjects we were able to discuss. As you had already gathered, I'm neck deep in the sort of thing you've been studying much of your life. I don't feel it's wise to discuss too much via email, but I do enjoy our discussions and hope that you will be able to continue to broaden my education.

A term I've come across recently is the Umbra. I've heard it referenced mostly towards the mythological werewolves, but also towards vampires as well. Would this be equivalent to the underworld that's referenced heavily in the books I have been translating for you, or is it a completely different reference unique to these creatures?

Sincerely,

Skip
Back to top Go down
Scipio Zelin

Scipio Zelin

PostSubject: Re: Skip's Inbox   Skip's Inbox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 9:59 pm

Subject: Re: Thank you

Dr. Zelin,

You are most welcome as the visit was rather enlightening for the both of us. While I would wish you could hurry your translation a bit faster, this is merely impatience on my part. As I child during the Christmas season, I had a problem leaving the gifts under the tree alone as well. In some ways, this piecemeal translation is making all the information easier to digest. Being overloaded with new data would probably cause me to miss certain valuable nuggets buried within the text.

I'll do my best to answer your question, however, it's the type of question that has been asked by every philosopher in history; what happens when we die? I suppose the only sure answer you can give is that you will find out when you get there. From all I've gathered over the year, it seems the shifters of lore view it as just another aspect of nature, or the ancient mother Gaia deity. It would be a place of ancestors, good and bad, as well as other mysterious gods and spirits to be feared or honored. In that case, I suppose the underworld referenced within the text would be analogous to this Umbra. Duat or Tuat is the realm of the Underworld for the Egyptians, a place of full of dangerous creatures and spirits, tests for the souls crossing over from this life into the next that must be overcome. You'll find some form of a spirit world or underground realm in most mythologies; from the Mayan all the way to the Vikings of yore. Generally speaking, that plane of existence is sort of a test on the goodness or righteousness of the person until they're able to move on to a more enlightened state of being.

I apologize, I'm sure you're quite aware of all this. Once I get started, I tend to ramble on. There isn't much referenced as far as a vampire afterlife; I would assume, should they exist (haha), that they must have formed their own mythology over time. They were human at one time, so it's almost impossible that they wouldn't have. Unfortunately, I know of nothing to reference you towards regarding their various philosophies on permanent death. That would be an interesting sit down, wouldn't it? Asking a vampire what their thoughts of the afterlife are? I imagine that would be quite a stimulating conversation.

I can hardly contain my excitement as to your next update; good luck and god speed, Professor.

Respectfully,

DHB

Subject: Questions
To: urrobouros03 @mail.com

While I still don't trust you, I thought perhaps I would give you an opportunity to prove your willingness to assist me in my growth as a magic user and perhaps one day become useful for your organization. I'm sure, in time, should you be proven to be correct, I will make the choice of my own free will. But then, I'm sure your organization had already divined this.

You revealed to me months ago that Susan was your actual target for recruitment and that makes sense to me now. What doesn't make sense is why she wouldn't have just been murdered like her two friends have been. Why is she so important that whoever was after her felt the need to dispose of her in a different way? Did they need to interrogate her for some information? What haven't you told me about her? From what I've since learned about my family, I can see that wheels have been in motion for at least a hundred years, most likely more. Is it something to do with my grandmother Maria, or perhaps even further back?

I look forward to restarting our conversation once again.

Skip

Subject:

Scipio,

I had been expecting to hear from you soon enough. No, we did not predict you would be contacting us on this date. At this point in your mystical studies, I'm sure you're well aware of the difficulties of using divinatory powers. With so many potential outcomes, fluidly changing every moment depending on other influences, it's often like trying to pick out a needle in a stack of needles. Only the important events that the fates deem necessary are easy to fortell.

I must say, I've been impressed with your development in such a short time. While you still lack much of the knowledge necessary, your abilities are already far more formidable than I ever would have expected. You've even begun asking the right questions, which may be even more important to your advancement than pure source manipultion.

Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to reveal these answers to you until I discuss with my fellow brothers and sisters. We are far more democratic than I'm sure you've given us the credit for. I will be in touch once a decision has been made.

O

P.S. Your homework, should you choose to accept my help, is to learn about the Würzburg Witch Council of 1626. There will be no written test, but I guarantee it will be on the final exam.
Back to top Go down
Scipio Zelin

Scipio Zelin

PostSubject: Re: Skip's Inbox   Skip's Inbox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 9:59 pm

Subject: Re: Re: Thank you

Mr. Beckford,

I appreciate your efforts in assisting me with my conundrum regarding the afterlife, if not a bit dissapointed there aren't more answers readily available. I suppose it's a bit much to expect answers to questions mankind has been struggling with since our inception. I don't mind the mini lectures at all; I tend to have the same problem as you do. It's too many years spent talking to a group of people who have absolutely no interest in answering.

While this is on a completely different subject, I thought perhaps this might be a bit easier than asking for the meaning of life. I recently came across a reference to the Würzburg Witch Council of 1626. The town and date struck a cord in my memory and after doing a quick search, I remembered this being the epicenter of one of the largest witch hunts in Europe. This may be a silly question, but did a group of witches actually have a gathering that year which touched off this period of paranoia and mass hysteria?

Sincerely,

Skip

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Thank you

Dr. Zelin,

Why yes, I most definitely can help you with this question! There is a little known legend about an actual gathering of witches to that location for the purposes of prophecy. Supposedly, they had come together to assist a divinator with a particularly difficult vision that was causing her physical pain. It is said that she went mad shortly after this gathering of witches helped focus her vision of the future. There are many different stories; that she saw her own death, that she saw the end of the world, that she saw the face of God. It's not particularly clear considering all that occurred there shortly after. However, an incomplete manuscript I managed to obtain from an estate sale in Maryland shed some light on the situation.

This manuscript is supposed to be a portion of what are known as the Dyer Prophecies, fortelling all types of future events with startling accuracy. I'm sure you've heard of Mother Shipton and Nostradamus; prophetic visions were all the rage back in the 16th and 17th centuries. This little known collection said to be written by a mad woman Moll Dyer, an immigrant to the U.S. with a mysterious past, had been thought to be a total fabrication. I've had this manuscript dated and checked for authenticity and it matches the time period. It's of course possible it could still be a forgery, but the grammar and sentence structure seems to also fit. If it's a fake, it's a damned good one.

What do these two things have in common, I'm sure you're asking. One of the legends about Moll Dyer was her being one of the possible candidates for the mysterious witch that the council was called for. As close to a smoking gun as there could be, there are several direct references to a meeting within the city of Wurzburg within this manuscript by the author, done in a way to suggest having actually attended. It's been my contention that the pages I possess are in fact the reason for the council having been called in the first place and the direct prophecy that resulted from the gathering!

Unfortunately, it's incomplete and, well, let's just say that there's little doubt the writer of it is indeed mad. Even in comparisons to Nostradamus' vague scribblings, these ones are almost indecipherable at best. However, since you reminded me of them and you've done such a good job so far with our other texts, I'm going to send over a copy for you to take a look at. It may help in whatever it is you're doing. Any new insight would be appreciated.

As far as the actual events in Wurzburg, I do have a few other journals and references to those mass trials and executions. Let me rummage through my archives and see what I can dig up. Perhaps I have missed a few things that a pair of fresh eyes that I can trust will can shed some light on. Perhaps there are closer links that I haven't even noticed.

Respectfully,

DHB

Subject:

Mr. Beckford,

That's quite a fascinating tale. I look forward to examining the research that you will be sending over. It could be that it's all a hoax, of course, but I've learned at this point to keep an open mind.

Sincerely,

Skip

Subject: Investigation?

Staying out of trouble, I hope? I know you're on a much needed vacation and that bothering you for another favor is really pushing the limits of our friendship, but I had a few things come up while in town that I was hoping you could assist with.

The first question has to do with the witch trials in Würzburg, Germany during the years of 1626-1631. I know you're making another stop in Germany on the way home; I was hoping you would take a look around and see what records are still available. I hear it's quite lovely this time of year. Anything regarding the names of the participants, references to the trials themselves, that sort of thing. I hear it's quite lovely this time of year; Bavaria is such a charming little region. I don't want to put you out though; if you can't, I will try other means.

The other question is the arrival of a rather suspicious individual in Ravenhurst. She's a new deputy sheriff by the name of Anya Wellesley. The first name may be short for something; I'm not entirely sure. She seems to be strange, even by Ravenhurst standards. The sheriff seems particularly put off by her and you know her colorful past. If this Wellesley deputy's arrival signifies some sort of problem, I'd like to be ready for it.

Don't use these questions as an excuse to arrive back in the states late. I've already bought tickets for the comically named Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim next month. We'll get to watch as the Yankees pound them out of the playoff race, properly.

Sincerely,

Skip

Subject: Investigation?

jesus christ old man-i used to joke that you were going to have me look into the identity of the local janitor in ravenhurst. now i'm scared you might actually ask me to do so. given what i've found on your last couple of searches-an ex informant on the ira and attachments to special forces teams, it's possible your paranoia may just be good instincts. what do you think i'll find on this woman? love child of michael jackson? space alien? i'm hoping for retired porn star.

as to your other request-i suppose i can cruise up. i was going to spend another week in munich anyways. it's not too far out of the way. don't get your hopes up too much-germans are really good at pretending events that make them look bad never happened. plus, we're talking about almot 400 years ago. even if i find something, i probably won't know what the hell i'm looking at.

alright! a weekend in sunny socal watching my angels kick the shit of the evil empire. let's do this when i get back. try not to get involved in any other international conspiracies while i'm out of the county. i can't be everywhere at once, you know.

X
Back to top Go down
Scipio Zelin

Scipio Zelin

Subject: Re: Investigation?

hey old man-sorry about standing you up for the baseball games. i'm sorry i missed the angels taking 2 of 3 from your collection of steroid pumped cheaters from new york. i had forgotten how friendly people were in munich-i mean, really, REALLY friendly. i was able to get over wurzburg and dig up some info for you-you'll find it attached. i was able to find a guy who knew a guy that had access to a church's records. i have no idea how accurate they are as they were recopied down from a fire years ago, but its the best i can do. i'm not sure what you're hoping to find in 400 year old text other than a damn headache trying to read german names, but enjoy making your eyes worse. one thing i won't miss is trying to pronounce german words-i don't know how many people i spit on here by accident. probably enough to cause a national incident.

i have some answers about your other inquiry also. your deputy had impeccable references-other than a credit problem-which is quite common for a single woman of modest means. that is, she has impeccable references for about 7 years, then she falls off the grid. it's enough to get a job anywhere, but anyone doing a full anal search on her for office would probably uncover the fact that she doesn't really exist. i asked my buddies at homeland if they were aware of a spook operating within washington. they say it's definitely not one of ours but wouldn't say anything else. her identity is far more complex than someone running from an ex so my professional opinion would be foreign spook.

why the hell a foreign agent would be in the middle of buttfuck nowhere, i couldn't say. then again, i have no idea why an ex-ira informant or a special ops agent would want to be sheriff, one after another. it's a goddamned mystery as far as i'm concerned. you just stay out of the way from all of them. nothing good will come of it i can guarantee you.

i'm heading out tomorrow-will be back stateside soon enough. nfl game maybe?

X

Subject: Re: Investigation?

Good to finally hear from you, my boy. I was beginning to wonder if you were ever going to come home. The attached list should be extremely helpful; I really can't thank you enough for tracking it down for me. I'm doing a geneaology that involves several names from that period; it's a long, boring story, so I'll just stop right there before your eyes glaze over.

As to the deputy; well, that's very fascinating, to be sure. I suppose you could say Ravenhurst attracts all kinds. As you say about the previous and current sheriffs, they were very much out of place and it's quite possible she might be here because of it. I'll be sure to stay out of their way until she either gets what she came for or disappears back home.

I'm not too concerned about the Yankees dropping a few games to a team destined for missing the post season; better luck next year, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. A football game at Qwest Field or whatever the hell they renamed it this year would be fun, except for having to watch Tavaris Jackson pretend to be a quarterback. I'm quite sure San Diego is nice this time of year.

Sincerely,

Skip
Back to top Go down
Scipio Zelin

Scipio Zelin

Subject:

Scipio,

There has been much debate as to what the order wishes to reveal, but I am making an executive decision as I believe the more you know, the more you will be willing to help us, and in turn, mankind. I know from our observations on you and your "friend" that you were able to obtain several records from the archives in Würzburg. Considering your innate talent for not only research, but for putting the pieces together, I will assume that you found your newly discovered namesake, Rasputin. It's not an uncommon surname in Russia, but I'm sure you're very curious as to what that name as well as a whole host of others from other regions throughout the Medieval world would be congregated in one location. As I hinted at previously, there was a large gathering of witches in 1626 who were in turn betrayed by parties within. The reason for this unprecedented council should shed light on a whole host of your questions.

There is a circle of witches near Yorkshire, England, known as the Southill coven. It is said that their founder was the legendary Ursula Southill, or better known to modern day consipracy theorists and occultists as Mother Shipton. She had the gift of farsight and prophecy. Much of what you will find of her writings today are a fradulent attempt to cash in on her namesake. However, it's very likely there is some truth to the legend as the Southill coven continues to produce the most giftest divinators in the world to this very day. There were two sisters heading up the circle during the time in question known as the Dyer sisters. Mollie was the oldest and was known to be a very talented healer, while her sister Ananiah was blessed, or perhaps cursed, with the ability of prophecy.

As you've had some experience with divination, you now understand the difficulties and limitations of trying to predict the future. On small scale events, the probability of correctly choosing the correct path is much easier as there are far less variables. Once you begin dealing with larger events, battle victories, elections, or even larger scale world events, the possible outcomes increase exponentially and thus become almost impossible to predict. Those with the ability to truly see the future in this fashion have what you could call a different mind than us, perhaps touched by the gods themselves. To be able to view different possibilities all happening at the same time requires more brainpower than humanity was gifted with. However, as the gods have decided to mix with our blood, it happens that certain anomalies pop up within truly special individuals. This was the case with Ananiah.

Ananiah's seer ability had become world renown in certain circles, and when the story spread that she was suffering from madness and dementia because of a certain vision that she couldn't properly see, a request was sent to all the covens of Europe and beyond to pool their energy together and learn what calamitous event was trapped within her. No coven wanted to be left out of something that could affect the world as they knew it, so most at least sent a representative or two with several entire covens making the journey as a pilgrimage of sorts. The details of the meeting are lost to history, but from this historic meeting of the minds of all the top witches in the known world, many prophecies were derived from Ananiah's mind. Unfortunately for her, the final prophecy was said to have completely broken her, leaving her catatonic.

While many witches were burned at the stake those next few years due to their betrayal, Mollie was able to escape from city with her sister's prophecies in tow. With most of her circle destroyed and her sister ruined, it's said that she immigrated in the new world in shame. There have been several copies of the Dyer prophecies that have been uncovered over the years, but there is a set that is universally accepted as the true writing within the magic circles. While many of the prophecies are difficult to interpret as her mind had been unravelling from absorbing so much power, the final prediction is what concerns you and your family.

The prophecy fortells of a witch that will become so powerful that she will kill a god. All interpretations seem to point towards this person having been born twenty two years ago under unique conditions from a specific family line. You would know her as your daughter, Susan Marie Zelin.

This god is a powerful being from another plane of existence and obviously has no interest in seeing this prophecy come to pass. These ancient beings have been using mankind as their puppets for so long that the idea of one of their pets rising up and slaying them frightens them all to their core. They will stop at nothing to make sure this does not come to pass, for if one of them can be killed, why not all of them? It sets a dangerous precedent for beings as old as these with no true concept of death. They have attempted to eliminate this threat as subtly as possible, careful not to tempt the fates against them. This dark conspiracy has been building up against your family for many years now in ways you couldn't possibly have forseen.

What does this mean for you, Scipio? You are in a unique position. These ancient ones fear fate as much as we do and will not act against you directly. While you're in no way safe, you can act much more freely than we can. We're aware of your plan to enter the spirit plane and want to wish you luck as you are on the right track. We also want you to know that it isn't too late to find and help her achieve her destiny. Proceed very carefully. The spirit planes are extraordinarily dangerous for those that enter unprepared. We will try to assist in any way that we can.

O

----------------------------------------------

To: urrobouros03 @mail.com

Your answer was, at the very least, unexpected. I hardly know where to begin my follow up questions with these shocking revelations laid at my feet. You are correct that I am preparing to walk the astral plane and I will take your warnings to heart. Perhaps it is best that I concentrate on the task at hand and we can revisit this after I have returned from the other side.

Skip

----------------------------------------------

Subject: Dyer

Mr. Beckford,

It seems you aren't the only one to suspect the validity of the Dyer prophecies; I've been lead to believe by another associate that they were indeed written in Wurzburg during the period you mentioned. I hope that you will be able to track them down. I might have an angle that you probably haven't considered. As you said, fresh eyes and all that. I look forward to perusing anything you send over this way.

Sincerely,

Skip
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skip's Inbox   Skip's Inbox - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skip's Inbox
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ravenhurst: The Credence Chronicle :: For Players :: Character Journals-
Jump to: