Ravenhurst: The Credence Chronicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ravenhurst: The Credence Chronicle

A Second Life RP Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Chase the Moon I_icon_minitimeby Chase Calhern Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:49 pm

» Ottavio Santino Salvatore Most just call me Oz.
Chase the Moon I_icon_minitimeby ozwizardof Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:50 pm

» Taking Care of some Stinky business
Chase the Moon I_icon_minitimeby Lexie Ellwyn Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:01 pm

» Friday November 13, 2015 Haunted House
Chase the Moon I_icon_minitimeby Lexie Ellwyn Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:35 pm

» UPDATE RULES and CHANGES ( UPDATE AUGUST 2015)
Chase the Moon I_icon_minitimeby Lexie Ellwyn Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:23 pm

» Peaceful home
Chase the Moon I_icon_minitimeby Saphy Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:59 pm

» Back for unannounced leave of absence.
Chase the Moon I_icon_minitimeby Claire Dominic Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:11 am

» Claire Dominic
Chase the Moon I_icon_minitimeby Claire Dominic Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:08 am

» Kurt Reinhart - Private Blog / Fiction
Chase the Moon I_icon_minitimeby SilverBones Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:55 pm

Chase the Moon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Oona

Oona

Chase the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Chase the Moon   Chase the Moon I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Thoughts, they form better now that I've been away.

Some words still elude me but nothing much has changed on my view of life. I would still rather be naked and in the woods, I would still leave my 'chews' buried in a ditch. I would still eat meat rather raw instead of adapting to the live that humans and kinfolks know.

Last I left this place, was on the back of a bike with Kione. We found his people. We parted ways to learn more about ourselves while still in the encampment and shared a bed when the night's duties permitted us.

No touch.

No give.

We both had a turn to be judged by the Wendigo elder, and I found truths in myself that I couldn't understand at first. My mother was not my mother, my father was not my father, lest I be an abomination that grew from their loins.

"She strides in silence." He said. And pointed me to the one who would teach me everything I needed to know. Rites were passed down, rituals were learned, the truth of our people bled through and I now know. How foolish I was. Incredibly foolish. Never again, I say.

I learned to slip sideways, to pass through the mirrors of my reflection into the umbra. To follow the velvet shadow and explore. To fight in the shadows, to learn, to dream of the place that's lost upon my people. To die a thousand deaths and to return renewed.

These are my thoughts.

Time is fleeting.

I emerge to find Kione gone. He was no where to be found. The elder was not worried, for he was a strong man. But I still must find him, he was my only connection. So I slipped into the shadow once more and ran.

Each moon bridge was met with horrors, each were defeated, I was tired. I called upon the moon that gave its light, it's path allowed me to follow the scent of the Wendigo, and in passing, meet a brother.

Brother wolf taught me to run, to never stop, to go as fast and far as I possibly could. I drank his water, ate his food, and set upon my path once more.

I didn't stop.

There wasn't time.

But where the trail ended, I emerged. A cave, riddled with clothing and fire. Food was there. But he was not. I remember this place, I remembered myself upon the ground, broken and blooded, crushed. Ah. Carrie did that. I broke his bike.

I remembered the talk with Kione and Shiita. You need new clothes Oona. Your nipples are out. Fuck clothes.

I went into the city and met a woman. She reminded me the rules of this land. I have no family. No pack to call my own. I knew of these laws and yet, should I care?

We who chase the moon are the lonely sort. Such is our way.

But why come back to this place? Oona hates it here. Oona's trouble started here, but I grew here.

I grew here.

Maybe this really is home.
Back to top Go down

Chase the Moon
Page 1 of 1